We are always keen to hear from passionate people who are committed to making a positive difference to the local voluntary sector.
If you are interested in applying for any of our current vacancies, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Localgiving’s mission is to help sustain local communities by making local charitable organisations more sustainable. We do this through advocacy and providing:
- a comprehensive online donation platform for vetted local charities and community groups
- live help and online support services
- training programs in online fundraising, use of social media etc
- match funds and other programs to incentivise giving.
Since we launched in 2009:
- £13m has been raised and distributed to our members, including £3m of match funding
- 5,000 charities and community groups have created a Localgiving page to raise donations
- We have given training in online marketing and fundraising to over a thousand local charities and community groups
The Localgiving team is made up of a range of energetic and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to make a change for the better. If you're passionate about making a difference and would like to work with Localgiving, we'd love to hear from you!
Head of Marketing - Central London
About the role:
We are seeking a senior marketing professional to form and deliver the marketing strategy for Localgiving, with a view to increasing membership and driving donations through its online fundraising platform, and helping to develop major funder relationships. This is an excellent opportunity to grow the presence of a national brand, whilst helping to make a real difference to grassroots charities and community groups across the country. The successful candidate will be responsible for all marketing activity across the organisation and will report to the Chief Executive.
- Defining organisational strategy as part of the senior management team, with a view to increasing revenue and meeting social objectives
- Overseeing all marketing activity throughout the organisation, including branding, communications, design, paid advertising, web content, community building and social media
- Leading Localgiving’s calendar of fundraising campaigns
- Producing content and thought leadership pieces to advocate on behalf of the local voluntary sector, increase brand awareness and develop relationships with partners and funders.
- Lead the research and production of the annual member survey
- Managing and developing relationships with key stakeholders, including government departments, other sector organisations and third-party agencies
- Scoping, project managing and consulting on front-end/UX development projects
- Managing the Communications Manager, who is responsible for the blog, email and PR activity
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of three year’s marketing experience
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrable experience of leading a marketing department in a small- to medium-sized organisation
- Exceptional communication and copywriting skills
- Strong website CMS skills and a working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- A strong attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and Adwords
- Basic graphic design skills and the ability to update existing templates and designs
- A high level of creativity, innovative and a proactive attitude
- A demonstrable interest in fundraising and/or the third sector
Remuneration and benefits:
In return for all that you bring, we pay competitive market rates and offer exciting development opportunities in a rapidly growing business. The team is dynamic and fun.
Working Hours: 9:30 – 6:00
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 per annum, pro-rata
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Healthcare: Company private healthcare policy
Gym: Complimentary high street fitness club membership
Travel: We can provide a loan to help with travel card outlay (available once probation period complete)
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you think you fit the role and how you will make a difference. We embrace diversity in all applications.