Localgiving's mission is to strengthen UK communities by safeguarding the sustainability of the local voluntary sector.
We do this by supporting local charitable organisations to diversify their income through online fundraising. We provide tools, training and advice to help local groups connect with supporters online, improve their digital skills and develop practical fundraising experience. We are also a leading advocate for the sector and work to raise awareness and support for local groups from the public, government and businesses.
Since we launched in 2009
- Over £24m has been raised and distributed to our members, including £3.5m in match funding and £400k in grants.
- Over 7,000 charities and community groups have created a Localgiving page to raise donations
- More than 270k individuals have donated to a local charity or community group through the platform
- More than 8,200 fundraiser pages have been created to raise money for a local cause
- 32k monthly Direct Debit donations have been set up to provide long-term continuous support for local charities
How we operate
Localgiving receives funding from a range of generous grant funders, trusts and individual philanthropists, which is used to run our regional development programmes, campaigns, and cover a portion of our core costs.
Our programmes are centred around the provision of tools, training and advice to help local organisations raise funds online. Each programme is working towards our long-term vision of a sustainable voluntary sector and, as such, is designed to provide ongoing support to help local groups improve their digital skills and develop a wider culture of fundraising.
Our campaigns utilise match funding to augment the value of donations and encourage support for local charities. Our calendar of fundraising campaigns gives groups the opportunity to build relationships with donors and develop practical fundraising and digital marketing experience.
In addition, we charge £80 + VAT for charity memberships and take a 5% commission on donations, which goes towards making us sustainable as an organisation. At present our trading does not generate a surplus. Any additional revenue we may make in the future will be re-invested to provide:
- Enhancements and new features for the site to improve the service for charities, fundraisers and supporters and make online fundraising easier
- Free training workshops, webinars and resources for local charities and community groups - teaching online fundraising and digital marketing skills
- Marketing, advocacy and research to raise public and state awareness of the sector and encourage donations
- Match funding campaigns to enable all of our charity members to benefit from additional funding and build practical fundraising experience
We are proud to support thousands of local charities and community groups with their online fundraising every day. Find out more about how our members have raised funds and benefited from our services.Find out more
About the organisation
Localgiving is registered with the Charity Commission as the Localgiving Foundation. The foundation has 3 non-remunerated trustees and no paid staff.
- England and Wales charity registration number: 1132411
- Scotland charity registration number: SC047395
- Registered address: Localgiving Foundation, 28 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4RP
Read the latest Localgiving Foundation Trustees' Report and Accounts here
Localgiving Ltd is a subsidiary company, wholly owned by the Localgiving Foundation. It employs 16 people to deliver Localgiving's core programmes and work towards its charitable objectives. It also has 4 non-executive non-remunerated directors. It is a not-for-profit social enterprise registered with Companies House in the UK.
- Company registration number: 07111208
- VAT registration number: 985 9875 25
- Registered address: Localgiving Ltd, Palladium House, 1-4 Argyll Street, London, W1F 7LD
- Contact address: Localgiving, 28 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4RP
Localgiving's head office is in London, England. It also runs Regional Development projects across the UK and currently has staff based in Cardiff and Bath.