Localgiving's mission is to strengthen UK communities by safeguarding the sustainability of the local voluntary sector.
We do this by supporting local charitable organisations to diversify their income through online fundraising. We provide tools, training and advice to help local groups connect with supporters online, improve their digital skills and develop practical fundraising experience. We are also a leading advocate for the sector and work to raise awareness and support for local groups from the public, government and businesses.
Since we launched in 2009
- Over £15m has been raised and distributed to our members, including £3m of match funding
- Over 5,000 charities and community groups have created a Localgiving page to raise donations
- More than 158,000 individuals have donated to a local charity or community group through the platform
- More than 4,000 fundraiser pages have been created to raise money for a local cause
- More than 20,000 monthly Direct Debit donations have been set up to provide long-term continuous support for local charities
How we operate
Localgiving receives funding from a range of generous grant funders, trusts and individual philanthropists, which is used to run our regional development programmes, incentivised giving campaigns and cover a portion of our core costs.
In addition, we charge £80 + VAT for charity memberships and take a 5% commission on donations, which goes towards making us sustainable as an organisation. At present our trading does not generate a surplus. Any additional revenue we may make in the future will be re-invested to provide:
- Enhancements and new features for the site to improve the service for charities, fundraisers and supporters and make online fundraising easier
- Free training workshops, webinars and resources for local charities and community groups - teaching online fundraising and digital marketing skills
- Marketing, advocacy and research to raise public and state awareness of the sector and encourage donations
- Match funding campaigns to enable all of our charity members to benefit from additional funding and build practical fundraising experience
About the organisation
Localgiving is registered with the Charity Commission as the Localgiving Foundation. The foundation has 5 non-remunerated trustees and no paid staff.
England and Wales charity registration number: 1132411
Scotland charity registration number: SC047395
Registered address: Localgiving Foundation, 6th Floor, 233 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7DN
Read the latest Localgiving Foundation Trustees' Report and Accounts here
Localgiving Ltd is a subsidiary company, wholly owned by the Localgiving Foundation. It employs 16 people to deliver Localgiving's core programmes and work towards its charitable objectives. It also has 4 non-executive non-remunerated directors. It is a not-for-profit social enterprise registered with Companies House in the UK.
Company registration number: 07111208
VAT registration number: 985 9875 25
Registered address: Localgiving Ltd, 39 Berwyn Road, Richmond, TW10 5BU
Contact address: Localgiving, 6th Floor, 233 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7DN
Localgiving's head office is in London, England. It also runs Regional Development projects across the UK and currently has staff based in Belfast, Manchester, Cardiff, Rhyl and Bath.
Support our work
If you're interested in helping us to make an even bigger difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Like many of the thousands of groups we work with, Localgiving is also working towards sustainability. By diversifying our income sources to include earned income, grants and generous donations from philanthropists, corporates and other funders, our hope is that we can continue to serve the local voluntary sector long into the future.
How you can help: