MAKEOVER THE MARINE!
We are so lucky to have a theatre open all year round in Lyme Regis. Our theatre building has stood here for over 130 years and has survived through the support of the community. Works to be done within 'Marine Makeover' include the theatre foyer extended, increasing it's capacity, coffee shop re-located and updated/improved, brand new toilet complex with new female toilets and disabled toilet installed, new frontage to include glass paneling for sea views from the foyer.
Why they need our service
Last year we raised £95,000 to complete the restoration of our theatre roof ensuring dry audiences for years to come! But we won't stop there. We have an ambitious plan to improve the theatre's facilities and ensure a sustainable, environmentally-friendly and accessible venue for the community of Lyme and future generations. The cost of this work is estimated at around £150,000.
Plan and expected results
The campaign is to fundraise to carry out an exciting capital project which will 'makeover' all the Front of House and audience facilities at the theatre including:
* Expansion of theatre foyer
* New cafe operating daily at the front of the theatre
* Brand new toilet block, with access from foyer, additional female toilets and a disabled toilet;
* Relocation of Box and theatre office.
* Accessible facilities eg. hearing loop
* Environmentally sustainable heating and lighting