Cycling from Lands End to John O' Groats

83% Raised
The Collett School in Hemel Hempstead is a “very” special school attended by children from all over Hertfordshire and the neighbouring counties in South East England.  The children have many syndromes, including Down's, and 50% of them have Autism. Almost half of the children are attend/have attended Great Ormond Street Hospital. Nearly 50% of the pupils come from financially disadvantaged backgrounds; some are in care, fostered and many have parents who have special needs themselves. 90% of the Local Authority funding is used for the necessary high ratio of staff, leaving 10% to cover everything from loo rolls to books! 

This, however, is the only way in which the school is poor.  The Collett School is an innovative and happy school which families fall over backwards to send their children to. The School is striving to become a flagship for special education by changing the perception of and the way in which children learn and grow. Their mission is to support the children to grow in confidence and be as independent as possible, allowing them to be part of society and contribute to their community. 
More and more, the school is caring for children with more complex needs, without additional funding, and more financial support is needed to be able to provide suitable and effective equipment.  
To find out more:

The School is grateful to its supporters for every penny they are able to raise, which makes a huge difference to the children in their care. I felt I had to do something to help and ask for your help in sponsoring me on my "wee challenge".  Your donations will make a difference.

The cycle from Lands End to John O'Groats is my "wee challenge", covering nearly 1000 miles over ten days.  You can view an interactive map of the route here

Thank you so much.

Add a video
Jo Saunders
16 Sep, 2020

Well done Iain - hope you have recovered but such a worthwhile cause.

Patricia Harris
12 Sep, 2020

Well done for your awesome fund raise - love Daisy H Cherry Class

Caroline Manson
10 Sep, 2020

Well done and thank you for raising money for The Collett School - Jane SS (Collett)

Update from Iain

Mission accomplished! On Saturday 15 August we cycled into John O'Groats and up to the Signpost. The final days in Scotland had been magnificent - sun and blue skies!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

(Update posted on August 19, 2020 12:37)

Iain's fundraising page will be accepting donations for another 64 days.

Iain's fundraising stats
Online donations: £4,144.40
Match funding: £0.00
Raised offline: £0.00
Gift Aid: £623.60
Total raised: £4,768.00
Iain is fundraising for FRIENDS OF COLLETT

The Collett School is a very Special School for children aged 4-17 with Learning Disabilities
Find out more about the charity

Connect with me:




Are you interested in fundraising?

Setup a fundraising page now