Marcus runs London Marathon '18 for Muffin's DreamA fundraising project by Marcus Barr
I am running the 2018 London Marathon to raise money for Muffin's Dream Foundation, please help me support this amazing charity.
Muffin’s Dream provides support services to help children, young people & families affected by illness & disability. They believe having a disability or illness should not define you; everybody has an ability, no matter how big or small. They work not just with the children, but parents, siblings & extended family & friends; because disability & illness has a massive impact on everybody close to the child or young person who is poorly.
They offer a range of services including: accessible activity days, boredom buster bags, sibling services, one2one support, and group activities including baby sitting & tea parties, parent support, attend meetings & offer support in most situations. In short, all the things so desperately needed but fall through the cracks of health services. Based in Basingstoke & covering Hampshire, West Berkshire, Reading & Surrey.
- 20p buys a pot of bubbles to put a smile on the face of a child with complex needs
- £1 pays for shaving foam, bowl & paint for lots of sensory fun
- £5 pays for toys in a boredom buster bag
- £10 pays for a family to attend a tea party
- £25 pays for a child play session with one of our team
- £100 pays for venue hire for an event
- £200 pays for crash mats to allow Muffin’s to get out of wheelchairs at events
- £250 pays for a family of a child who is terminally ill to do whatever they want just for one day
Over the years I have fundraised, helped, & volunteered with Muffin's Dream & seen first hand the amazing work they do. Running a marathon is one of life’s great challenges, but is nothing compared to the challenge of living & caring for children & young people with life changing illness or disability.
I have secured my own place in the marathon & paid all entry fees myself. I really appreciate your support, thank you.