We are always keen to hear from passionate people who are committed to making a positive difference to the local voluntary sector.
If you are interested in applying for any of our current vacancies, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Localgiving’s mission is to help sustain local communities by making local charitable organisations more sustainable. We do this through advocacy and providing:
- a comprehensive online donation platform for vetted local charities and community groups
- live help and online support services
- training programs in online fundraising, use of social media etc
- match funds and other programs to incentivise giving.
Since we launched in 2009:
- £18m has been raised and distributed to our members, including £3m of match funding
- 6,000 charities and community groups have created a Localgiving page to raise donations
- We have given training in online marketing and fundraising to over a thousand local charities and community groups
The Localgiving team is made up of a range of energetic and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to make a change for the better. If you're passionate about making a difference and would like to work with Localgiving, we'd love to hear from you!
Localgiving's mission is to strengthen UK communities by safeguarding the sustainability of the local voluntary sector. We do this by supporting local charitable organisations to diversify their income through online fundraising. We provide tools, training and advice to help local groups connect with supporters online, improve their digital skills and develop practical fundraising experience. We are also a leading advocate for the sector and work to raise awareness and support for local groups from the public, government and businesses.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Finance Assistant to join our vibrant, dynamic organisation. Based in Shoreditch in London, we are looking for a bright, self-motivated individual to join our small friendly team and assist the Operations Manager with both general administration and finance duties.
About the position
Localgiving is at the leading edge of online philanthropy in the UK and your work will ultimately help many thousands of donors and community groups. This is a specialist position in which the core responsibilities are supporting the production of the monthly management accounts; administering the Gift Aid process and providing ad hoc administrative support to the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least two years' experience working in a finance role including experience of processing transactions, reconciliations and producing financial information. Strong communication skills are a must and you will have highest attention to detail. With your extensive knowledge of Excel you will be able to provide campaign performance reports to support other departments. You will have excellent planning and organisation skills, to enable you to assist the Operations Manager with management of the London office. You will be flexible enough to respond at short notice to a wide variety of tasks.
The role offers regular working hours, 25 days holidays per year, optional season ticket loan, medical insurance, and other benefits. The full time salary for the role is £22,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
- Manage payments and receipts, including cash handling, direct debit processing, bank charges etc.
- Input data into financial system – processing purchase and sales invoices, bank reconciliations
- Monitor and liaise with staff and other organisations to ensure that financial receipts and payments are accurate, timely and appropriately handled
- Maintain petty cash processing and reconciliations
- Monitor the financial performance of each department, producing monthly budget reports
- Monitor financial performance of regional development projects and provide monthly expenditure reports
- Administer the Gift Aid claim process for Localgiving
- Provide administrative support to Operations Manager and other members of the management team as and when required
- Preparing financial reports
- Reviewing budgets
- Cost and income analysis
- Using corporate online banking systems, working knowledge of accounting software (e.g. Sage)
- You may be working towards a recognised qualification
- A demonstrable interest in the charity sector, ideally through voluntary work
- Excellent Excel skills and general PC skills and understanding; willing to learn to use new software as required
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work, committed to delivering a high quality service with clear ability to multitask
- Lots of energy and motivation
- Good attention to detail and methodical approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
Salary: £22,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
Working Hours: 9:30am – 6.00pm
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Healthcare: Localgiving offers a company healthcare policy
Travel: we can provide a loan to help with travel card outlay
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter, telling us why you think you fit the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We embrace diversity in all applications. Please submit your application by the end of Wednesday 27th Spetember.