About The Programme
Thanks to our partnership with St John's Hospital in Bath, Localgiving is able to provide up to 70 local charities and community groups across Bath & North East Somerset, with match-funding of £250, free membership of Localgiving for a year and training which will allow them to develop new online fundraising skills and diversify their income in light of the recent funding cuts.
Our B&NES Development Programme is being managed by James Carlin, who has over a decade of not for profit experience, as well as being involved in a number of high profile fundraising projects such as Soccer Aid. He is keen to pass on his knowledge, as well as that of Localgiving, to turn our B&NES members into expert online fundraisers!
This programme is open to local charities and community groups operating in all parts of Bath & North East Somerset including areas like Midsomer Norton, Radstock, Keynsham, Chew Magna, Peasedown St John and Paulton.
How it works
Charities who take part in the development programme will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Free membership for 12 months with Localgiving (usual cost £96);
- One-to-one support, training and mentoring in online fundraising;
- A named contact who can be reached Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, to discuss all matters relating to online fundraising;
- £250 of match funding for donations received online;
- Automated Gift Aid, for registered and unregistered charities.
If this sounds like something your charity or community group could benefit from, please register your interest at join.localgiving.org/banes today!
- 50 organisations have now joined programme
- We are working with a total of 71 groups across B&NES, which have raised a combined total of £80,000 to support their work
- 96% of organisations taking part in the programme feel more confident with online fundraising
- 93% have stated that the programme has made a difference to their online fundraising activities
There will be a Localgiving charity networking meeting on February 21st at The Guild between 6pm and 8pm to meet participating organisation and learn more about our work.
Due to the success of the programme to date, Localgiving is looking to extend the programme across additional areas of the South West, in particular Bristol, to ensure that we are able to support as many organisations as possible.
If you are interested in learning more about our plans over the next year please contact Chris Dormer, Head of Business Development, on 020 3137 6591 or via email@example.com.
To get involved or for more information, please contact James Carlin, our Bath & North East Somerset Development Manager on:
- 07714 742671
The Bath & North East Somerset Development Programme has been generously funded by St John's Foundation and a local philanthropist.
"It's really easy to sign up to Localgiving and our membership has meant we've been able to claim £2,000 of Gift Aid this year. That's extra money that can be spent on helping more families in BANES."