About the programme
Over the last 18 months, Localgiving and the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland have been working in partnership to support local charities and community groups across Northern Ireland with digital marketing and online fundraising training and support. The aim of the programme is to support organisations to develop new skills and diversify their income in light of the recent funding cuts.
The programme is coordinated in Northern Ireland by Sian O'Neill who has been working in the community and voluntary sector for ten years for a range of medium and small charities.
How it works
Charities who become a member of Localgiving in Northern Ireland will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Free membership for 12 months with Localgiving (usual cost £72);
- One-to-one support, training and mentoring in online fundraising;
- A named contact who can be reached Monday-Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm, to discuss all matters relating to online fundraising;
- Automated Gift Aid, for registered and unregistered charities.
- Access to various match funding opportunities and campaign resources throughout the year.
- Individual and bespoke training delivered on a one to one basis in issues relating to fundraising and digital skills.
How to become a member
You will need information about your organisation, the work you do, a picture or two to highlight your work, examples of donation amounts and what they could be used for, your bank details and your contact details. Once that is completed, we will ask you to fill out a validation form, depending on whether you are a registered or non-registered charity (we work with both), this can take between 5 and 20 minutes.
The whole process should not take much longer than an hour (less if you have all the information to hand!). If you have any problems in registering, our Local Coordinator is more than happy to come out to guide you through the process step by step.
- A group of young people from Northern Ireland Children's Enterprise just completed a walk from Lisburn Civic Centre all the way to Belfast City Hall to raise money for the organisation.
- A group of brave folk from Parenting NI completed an abseil down the Europa Hotel to raise money and awareness for their organisation.
- Welcome to our newest member Cancer Choices from Co.Tyrone - looking forward to working with them in the future!
- Our training session on Digital Marketing and Online Fundraising with NICVA is now fully booked. To arrange a one-on-one session please get in touch with Sian.
Contact detailsTo find out more or to get some help in registering, please contact our Localgiving NI Coordinator, Sian O'Neill on the following ways:
Direct Dial: 028 9040 8708
Mobile: 07525 918 514
We'd used another platform before but it didn't work out for us. This time with Localgiving it's been different, it's made easy for you. Fitting into the campaigns and all the resources make it much easier to raise money online.