During Small Charity Week 2020, Localgiving will be running a competition for fundraisers.
To participate, fundraisers need to set up a fundraising page on Localgiving for a small charity and carry out a challenge in order to raise funds during Small Charity Week. The campaign will end at 17:00 on Fundraising Day (Thursday 18th June) and Localgiving will announce the winners that evening.
Participating fundraisers will be added to a campaign leaderboard, ranked on the number of unique online donors that sponsor their page. Donations between 09:00 on Monday 15th June and 17:00 on Thursday 18th June will be counted towards the competition.
How to participate:
- Commit to taking on a challenge during Small Charity Week and create a fundraising page on Localgiving to raise funds for a small charity
- From 09:00 on Monday 15th June ask people in your networks and beyond to make a donation to your fundraising page
- Every unique donation received through the fundraising page between 09:00 on Monday 15th June and 17:00 on Thursday 18th June will be awarded a point
- Our live leaderboard will list the top 20 fundraisers in order of the points they have scored
- The top 10 fundraisers at 17:00 on Thursday 18th June 2020 will win prizes for their chosen charity
- Localgiving will announce the winners by 20:00 on Thursday 18th June 2020
- To enter the chance to win an additional prize, simply share a short video of your challenge on social media tagging @Localgiving and using #SmallCharityWeek. These prizes will also be announced by 20:00 on Thursday 18th June 2020
The fundraisers on the leaderboard in the following places will each be awarded prizes:
2nd - 5th: £100 each
6th - 10th: £50 each
Want to win an extra prize?
We will be awarding three extra prizes on Fundraising Day (18th June) during Small Charity Week.
To participate you need to share a short video during the campaign on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram of your challenge, tagging @Localgiving and including #SmallCharityWeek
A panel of three Localgiving staff will be awarding three prizes of £100 to the chosen charity of the winners. The categories are:
- Funniest - the challenge that made us laugh the most
- Most Creative - the challenge that was the most imaginative
- Most Impressive - the challenge that wowed us the most, through a feat of skill or determination!
Need help thinking of a challenge to take on?
Read our helpful blog with lots of fun and appropriate ideas here.
Want to participate as a fundraiser?
To set up a fundraising page for your favourite Localgiving group and take part in the Small Charity Challenge click here.
Want to participate as a charitable organisation?
As part of our commitment to supporting small charities during Small Charity Week, you can join Localgiving with a 3 free month trial. Click here to join us today and participate in the campaign.