Cardiff Half Marathon for ACE
Charlotte, Sam and Ashley are running the Cardiff Half Marathon to raise funds for ACE. Please support us and this amazing charity by donating here!
ACE - Action in Caerau and Ely provides holistic support and vital services with and for the communities of Caerau and Ely in West Cardiff.
ACE projects include:
- Community Support - ACE delivers tailored advice and support to those facing financial hardship. We work with GP surgeries, schools and others to ensure that those most at risk are identified and able to access support.
- Pantry - Our community food shop membership scheme, with over 200 members.
- Community-led initiatives - volunteers at Our Place: Dusty Forge run a community cafe, a ‘pay what you can’ clothes shop, knitting, crochet and wellbeing groups.
- Health - Our wellbeing team plays a key role in local health partnerships, and our Mental Health Support team delivers a 1:1 Guided Self-Help and Social Prescribing Service and Psychoeducational Courses for Cardiff and Vale UHB.
- ACE Training - supports adults and young people to gain qualifications
- Youth Work - delivers youth clubs and a STEM-based youth ‘Curiosity’ project.
- ACE Compassionate Communities - a partnership with Macmillan Cancer Care supporting people through bereavement and end of life care.
- Working Well - works together with families to find solutions that tackle in-work poverty
- Plus... art activities, community garden groups, a community fridge at our new heritage centre, and more.
Well done Sam!
Well done Lotty! Stephen, Jo & Boys x
Well done Charlotte xx
Good luck Sam, Charlotte and Ashley. Keep up the good work
ACE aims to create vibrant, equal and resilient communities for all.
Find out more about the charity
About Cardiff Half Marathon
The Cardiff Half Marathon is an annual half marathon race held in the Welsh capital city of Cardiff, taking place in October.
Are you interested in fundraising?Setup a fundraising page now