Our 2022 Festival runs from 24 March-3 April, with bestselling authors, children's events, discussions, creative writing workshops, performance poetry, wellbeing and more. “One of the most vibrant festivals I’ve had the pleasure to speak at, driven by a true passion for words of every description. I’d come back in a heartbeat.”
Susie Dent, ‘Countdown’ presenter and author
Huddersfield Literature Festival
is a community festival that aims to bring people together in the appreciation of words and writing. We don’t just put well-known authors on the stage. We also:
- Showcase local and emerging authors and poets, giving them a platform to promote their work
- Run free events for children including our annual Stafflex Free Family Day at North Huddersfield Trust School with storytelling, films and fun activities
- Take authors into schools to inspire the writers of the future
- Support the LGBTQ+ community through our annual ‘Polari Up North’ event
- Work closely with Huddersfield Town Football Club to stage events that engage their family supporters
- Host events for neurodiverse children and adults, and run projects for SEN families
- Commission projects that recognise and promote the importance of words and writing for our mental health and wellbeing. Our patrons are Sir Patrick Stewart OBE and Lemn Sissay MBE.
Volunteers to help with event planning in meetings leading up to the Festival.
Volunteers to steward at events with opportunities for moving on to Event Manager level. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org