Thank you for visiting our Localgiving page!Who we are
BDCA is a dynamic community-led charity. Since 1998, we've been working together with people of all ages and backgrounds to change lives and transform Newham.
We do this by promoting community cohesion, tackling isolation, encouraging healthier lifestyles and addressing the root causes of poverty. BDCA has transformed four derelict spaces into thriving community hubs: The Well Community Centre, Flanders Playing Field, Bobby Moore Sports Pavilion and the Community Garden. These transformed spaces are home to a wide range of activities from sports clubs and fitness sessions to faith groups and educational classes.
In 2019, we recorded over 82,000 visits to our facilities, provided over 8,500 hours of activities, and our volunteers invested over 6,700 hours of their time.Why the community needs us
Thank you so much for your support!
- We offer advice, support and counselling to vulnerable people in crisis, through our foodbank, homeless project and personal advice and advocacy services.
- We provide a wide range of activities and services to support parents and carers and promote the healthy development of children and young people.
- We help elders and their carers to "add years to life and life to years" through a varied programme of regular social activities and our befriending and advocacy services.
- We help local people of all backgrounds to develop their skills, grow their confidence and boost employability.
- We support Newham residents to adopt healthier lifestyles by getting active and eating healthily, through an extensive programme of sports and fitness activities, our community garden and café.
We truly appreciate it. BDCA receives very little funding from government and competition for grants is intense, so we really are dependent on the generosity of the community to keep our services running.
If you are in a position to do so, please consider joining our growing community of BDCA Buddies
, who give a small amount monthly to our work. This is the most effective way to support us and your monthly gift adds up to make a big difference over time! In return, we offer our BDCA Buddies invitations to our special events and a discount on hiring our facilities.Thank you for partnering with us to change lives and transform our community!
If you wish your gift to go to a particular area of our work, please tell us in the message box when making your donation.