Thank you for visiting our Localgiving page!
BDCA is a dynamic community-led charity based in East London. Since 1998, we've been working together with people of all ages and backgrounds to change lives and transform our community. Today we work with our neighbours and a wide range of local partners to deliver the following key projects:
- Community support
– support and counselling to vulnerable people in crisis, including a food bank & food club, debt advice centre, and day centre for the homeless and vulnerably housed.
- Children and families
– a diverse programme of free regular activities from fitness sessions to toddler groups and advice and support for families
– free and low-cost social and fitness activities, as well as advocacy for those facing personal challenges and befriending for lonely and vulnerable neighbours.
- Youth project
– a varied programme of activities supporting all aged 9 to 19 reach their true potential, from sports and drop-in centres to tuition.
- Sports and fitness
– regular activities helping local people of all ages to stay active, connected and healthy as well as high-quality sports facilities for hire for the local community
- Community garden
– creating opportunities for local people to gain new skills, and celebrate together outdoors!Can you help us to support our community through the cost of living crisis?
Since the pandemic, and the cost of living crisis, we've seen an exceptional rise in demand for services like our foodbank, debt advice centre and befriending service. However, BDCA receives very little funding from government and competition for grants is intense. We really are more dependent than ever on the generosity of the community to keep our services running.
Your donation will make a big difference to our community at the moment and we invite you to:
- Make a one-off gift
quickly and securely on this page by clicking on the 'donate now' button. No donation is too small and every pound makes a difference!
- Join our growing community of BDCA Buddies, who donate monthly to our work.
You can do this by selecting the 'give monthly' option on this page. And, to thank you for your support, we offer our BDCA Buddies invitations to special events and a discount on hiring our facilities.
If you wish your gift to go to a particular area of our work, please feel free to tell us in the message box when making your donation.Thank you for partnering with us to change more lives and transform our community!
We really appreciate your support. Please only give what you can afford. If you are not in a position to give money yourself, why not consider fundraising for us or giving your time as a volunteer instead? If you set up a monthly gift, you can change or cancel it at any time.