Using hands-on skills of circus & outdoor arts life to nurture citizenship & kindness in our communi
Citrus Arts is a circus and outdoor arts charity based in Hopkinstown, Pontypridd in the Lower Rhondda Valley.
We are based in Hopkinstown Hall, an old Wesleyan chapel in the heart of a residential neighbourhood.
Citrus aims to:
- Enable every member of our community, whatever their age or background, to experience a marvellous circus happening in some capacity
- Train the next generation of conscious and inclusive circus practitioners (both on and off “stage”!)
- Improve the physical and mental health of our Hopkinstown neighbourhood
- Positively impact our town’s Welsh language journey, encouraging and enabling our participants, teams and audiences to use and hear Welsh
- Contribute to a Pontypridd that better hosts and welcomes people of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Provide a gate into and a pathway through the arts for young people in our area; a viable alternative to retail and minimum wage workIn everythign we do, we act with:
Responsibility; looking after the people we work with and our neighbours and community. We listen and ask questions. We aim to leave every space better than we found it. We care about the environment and always consider the impact of our work.
Determination: working hard and not giving up just because things get tough. We support our neighbours when there are floods or pandemics.
Flair; imbuing everything with a sense of showmanship, creativity and joy.
Helping at live events, stewarding. Supporting children and young people in classes. Fundraising. Potentially some general admin.