Curious Motion - dance & arts experiences to enrich the soul.
Curious Motion creates innovative dance and arts projects with communities in Calderdale, West Yorkshire, and around the UK. Our work reflects the experiences and hopes of our communities, illuminating lives and enabling joy, hope and courage to thrive.
We are a movement of moving people, working to make this world a more equal, vibrant, and magical place!
- Regular dance and wellbeing classes, including our popular over 55s 'Brews & Grooves' classes and workshops for schools.
- Welland, our wellbeing project in Elland, including our annual community festival.
- Curious Motion at Home - our new project supporting people through the pandemic. Including online and digital resources, as well as our unique 'Well and Happy' boxes delivered straight to the homes of vulnerable adults.
Our work aims to:
- Reach the most vulnerable people in our communities, tackling social isolation and loneliness and addressing health inequalities.
- Promote community spirit, kindness, and connection with others.
- Enhance physical and mental health for people of all ages across Calderdale and beyond.
- Support our communities to thrive!