Holme Valley Climate Action Partnership is a charitable organisation providing the tools people need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the Holme Valley. The greatest challenge we face globally (and locally) is the need to quickly rethink how we use the earths resources and adopt a more sustainable way of life, moving away from fossil fuel dependency. The ambition of becoming carbon neutral requires a coordinated effort and to achieve it at a local level HVCAP are connecting potential partners from all parts of the community including, voluntary groups, businesses, schools, faith groups, landowners and residents to take action together.
There are over 50 community organisations and businesses linked through the partnership. Their projects range from edible gardens and climate education, to renewable energy, and the delivery of tree planting. HVCAP provide staff time in support of projects, helping source funding and specialist skills, and promoting and sharing project news through community events and media.
Making climate action more accessible is important to us and we want our work to be led by our community. To make sure we are listening, supporting and helping people deliver the projects that make a difference, we carry out regular consultation and engagement events. We offer networking opportunities to our partners, and link up with community groups at all levels whether sports clubs and youth groups or food banks and warm hubs.
We are actively seeking new projects with a particular focus on helping reduce energy use and change local transport. New for 2023, the HVCAP Energy Champion project shares home energy advice and simple resources with those most in need of support. This has been really well received in the face of the current cost-of-living crisis and will be developed further to include home visits with thermal imaging to help identify the insulation requirements of individual homes.
Working with our partners we are developing new active travel projects calling for quiet roads, lower speed limits, and improvements to walking and cycling routes. Interest in promoting cleaner and greener public transport is also being encouraged. To enable us to develop these and many more ideas for change we need your help! You can join us and share your ideas for action by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Current active projects
– helping local community buildings investigate ways to become more energy efficient.Free Energy Advice and resources
– Delivered by our Energy Champion at drop in events throughout the Holme Valley Partner Support work
– helping small local organisations with behind the scenes work promoting or delivering aspects of their projects.Community Engagement and Events
– Taking project news out to the community and inviting local people to share views and ideas for new projects.School Lighting Project
- Supporting Hepworth Junior and Infants School to source the funds required for LED lighting throughout the school - Project Completed 2023 “The work of HVCAP is so important to our not-for-profit organisation as it unites the issue of education and awareness raising around taking action for climate change.” Environmental Projects in Kirklees
We’re keen to expand our work and help drive change. Your support can make a big difference to us. Our current funding priorities include,
- Ongoing funding of our support work and community engagement events
- Provision of energy savings resources to local people on lower incomes and expansion of the home energy project
- Funding for local growing spaces, helping people grow and share produce.
Please support our work by donating directly or if you have a fundraising idea and would like to choose us as your charity we can help you set up a fundraising page. Just get in touch to find out more.
Don’t feel able to donate but have some time to spare - we can put you in touch with local groups in need of volunteers!
- School Garden Volunteer
- Cycling Coach (full training to Level 1 coaching certificate provided)
- Riders for Epiks ECargo Bike schemeIf you’d like more information on any of these then contact Siân Taylor at
for a role description.
Thanks for any help you can give and feel free to get in touch with questions or to join our mailing list for updates. email@example.com
Holme Valley Climate Action Partnership needs the support of local people to help it deliver its aims. We also have a range of roles that we are promoting for partners so please do get in touch to ask about current opportunities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 07536 982503