Learning Disability Wales is a national charity representing the learning disability sector in Wales. We want Wales to be the best country in the world for people with a learning disability to live, learn and work.
We work with people with a learning disability and their families, Welsh government, local authorities, disabled people’s organisations and the voluntary sector so we can create a better Wales for all people with a learning disability.Our aims are to:
Our impact on the community
- Strengthen the voice, rights and status of children and young people with a learning disability.
- Strengthen the voice, rights and status of adults with a learning disability.
- Strengthen the ability of parents, carers and families of people with a learning disability
to make a positive contribution.
- Promote a range of person centred services for children and adults with a learning disability.
- Ensure that Learning Disability Wales sets a good example in the way that it is run.
Membership of Learning Disability Wales is open to all organisations and individuals who support our mission, values and aims. Members have access to a broad range of services that assist them and keep them up to date with learning disability issues.