Let’s Dance provides free, safe local opportunities for young people aged 5-21 years to learn, perform and express themselves through all types of dance and movement irrespective of their ability, demographic and cultural background.
Let’s Dance offers young people the chance to enhance their physical and mental health, build self-confidence and self-esteem through teamwork, improve communication, develop a range of personal skills and improve understanding of the benefits of participating in physical activity. Through participation Let’s Dance can contribute to reducing feelings of isolation and loneliness experienced by some and combats the effects of bullying by providing a supportive peer group, sessions and experiences to build aspirations and a sense of achievement.
A wide selection of engaging activities is offered by Let’s Dance including:
- Live Dance Shows: Working with and supporting primary, secondary, Universities, special schools and community groups to enter one dance to perform at a main city venue.
- Online Classes: A free subscription service so young people and families can get active wherever they are.
- Virtual International Dance Show: A family of schools across the globe can take part in a free online dance festival. In these times of restrictions and social distancing the challenge for Let’s Dance was changing their way of working. Let's Dance have developed activities to carry on engaging, inspiring, motivating and building aspirations in a safe environment.
- Community Dance session: An inclusive one off dance session catering for all level and needs in the community.
- Holiday Dance Programme: Three days of all types of dance and movement sessions.