Working with young people to develop their ideas and supporting their life choices and education.
To address the problems that arise for vulnerable young people as a result of living in areas of deprivation. We work with young people aged 13 - 25 years of age living in the Meadowell, Percy Main, Chirton, East Howdon and Royal Quays in North Tyneside. We use detached work to meet young people on the streets and develop relationships of trust with them on their terms and on a voluntary basis. We work four evenings a week meaning we provide a service outside of the usual 9am - 5pm culture.Why the community needs us
We support young people in groups and on a one to one basis for those in crisis. We use informal education to increase people's knowledge and awareness of issues relevant to them and so that they are aware of the choices and consequences of their actions. The issues we support young people with are; housing, poverty, domestic violence, mental health, sexual health, physical health, parenting, relationships, substance use, crime, education empolyment and training. Our impact on the community
Young people have:
* Increase awareness and knowledge.
* Improved confidence and self esteem.
* Increased social skills.
* Access to positive and constructive opportunities they wouldn't otherwise have.
* Personal and professional one to one support on issues relevant to them
* Young people benefitting the wider community e.g through our inter generation project bringing young and old together
* Young person led website
* Practical support for interviews, appointments etc