Q:alliance is a small charity with a bold mission - to support a safe and informed LGBTQ+ community that feels empowered to contribute fully to a healthy society.
We take this charge very seriously - running a number of Youth Groups in Milton Keynes and Bedford for LGBTQ+ youth, as well as a MK-based parent support group to share knowledge and resources for parents of LGBTQ+ kids.
But we don't stop there - we also run a number of adult support groups wherever we find a need within the community - be that dog walks, sports days, peer-to-peer support groups or just a chance to catch up over a coffee and waffles. We also work with local government services to improve their support for our community as well as connect with local charities and groups to build up an alliance of support throughout the MK area for the LGBTQ+ community.
Some recent examples of the great work our team do:
- Weekly youth services to help and support the LGBTQ+ youth of Milton Keynes to make friends and discover who they are while having fun.
- Weekly meet-up groups for LGBTQ+ adults to come together and make new friends.
- Suicide prevention work, supporting gay men struggling with mental health through activities and fitness.
- Monthly coffee meets for the LGBTQ+ community to meet and make friends.
- Mental health workshops for the LGBTQ+ community, confidence building, back to work, coaching.
- Working within local schools to help with LGBTQ+ awareness.
- Transgender pamper evenings
- Parent support group for parents or guardians with LGBTQ+ children.
- Supporting local businesses to be more LGBTQ+ inclusive.
Help us in our mission to support and empower our community in Milton Keynes by donating today!
We are always in need of volunteers to help us out with various projects and tasks. Email us at GetInvolved@qalliance.org.uk to find out more!