Why the community needs us
Our Agents work with people who find themselves in situations no-one should be in - without food, heating, basic essentials or at a life-changing moment in their lives, but poverty is preventing them from moving forward. People in crisis.
The Crisis Fund allows agents to access funds to pay for things to get people OUT of crisis & help make their lives instantly better. Because we manage the funding pot, there is no red tape so our Village & Community Agents can quickly access funds needed.Our impact on the community - We help when others can’t, won’t, or don’t.
Some examples of what these grants have been used for recently:
- To buy 2 mattress protectors for a carer who was supporting their loved one with night time incontinence
- To support a family with funeral costs after their teenage son died in a road accident
- To buy children's clothes for a family who had recently lost Dad to cancer
- To buy half a tank of oil for a lady with a chronic health condition who was struggling to heat her home
- Paying to PAT test and move a donated Fridge Freezer to a family in need
- To buy a washing machine for a carer who is struggling to keep up with washing demands
- To buy food and drink for a client who had been struggling to get shopping during the lockdown. The Agent went shopping for the client to ensure she could eat and drink until the food bank was open For other examples of how the Somerset Crisis Fund has helped and transformed the lives of individuals in Somerset, please visit
2020 has been a difficult year due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and as a result, our Crisis Fund is almost depleted. We desperately need to raise funds to continue helping people out of crisis.
Every penny makes a HUGE difference to a person or a family's lives here in Somerset.About CCS
Community Council for Somerset (CCS) is a leading local charity that works in the heart of Somersets' communities to inspire and enable positive change. Through our wide network of passionate local experts and our diverse projects, consultancy and funding, we bring the right people and services together to improve the lives of individuals, building community capacity, and support emerging and existing enterprises right across the county - helping Somerset to thrive. Our Mission & Values
: To inspire and enable Somerset's people, place and enterprises to take action to become thriving and resilient supporting: People
- Individuals in communities in Somerset supported one to one or in groups of shared interest or issues.· Place
- Communities comprised of people and tangible assets brought together by geographical boundaries.· Enterprise
- Innovative and resourceful activity for improving access and quality of life for Somerset residents.www.ccslovesomerset.org or call us on 01823 331 222