We are a Berkshire-based not-for-profit
community interest company formed to set up a coffee van to teach life skills to young people with severe/specific learning difficulties. We need to raise about £30,000 to get this venture up and running. We have £11,000 so far. Can you please help us to raise more? Anything you can give will be gratefully received!
There is a huge need for social enterprises like this in the U.K to focus on what our young people CAN DO to make a contribution to society, whilst increasing their independence, reducing social isolation, and contributing to good mental health.
The young people accessing this venture will learn the following work-life skills that can be applied to many forms of employment:-
- Communication skills
- Meeting new people & friends.
- Working as part of a team
- Decision making
- Food and drink preparation
- Hygiene and safety
- Functional numeracy and literacy
- Money handling
- Experience of running and contributing to a real business.
- Baking cakes and biscuits
- Gain industry recognised certification to take on to other employers. Our social enterprise has been set up as a community interest company whereby all profits from any sales will be ploughed back into training more students.
This enterprise will provide the work experience and life skills that these young people need to access supported internships within local companies and will also help them to access local employment directly.