We offer 1:1 and small group tuition ranging from a beginners introduction to IT to more advanced users who want to get the most from their tablet or smart phone
At each of our IT workshops, based in our 5 Vision Support Centres, participants can appreciate the power and ease of use of these devices. In the last 3 years, the service has proved extremely popular - providing an induction and training package to over 300 people across Warwickshire.
Why they need our service
As technology has developed, the number of services provided online has increased significantly. We bank, shop, book appointments, register for benefits and keep in touch with our loved ones online. This has excluded many visually impaired people.
However, advances in technology have the potential to liberate and empower people living with sight loss. The intuitive nature of new smart phones and tablets means that for the first time digital technology is truly accessible.
Plan and expected results
- Increasing levels of inclusion and participation
- Developing new communication skills that promote independence and control over decision-making.
- Enabling visually impaired people to remain in contact with family and friends through social media and networking
- Improving financial wellbeing through online discounts, and savings to be made from switching utility service providers
- Helping people to get into their local community through the use of navigation aids and public transport Apps