About the programme
Thanks to funding from The Indigo Trust and a private philanthropist, Localgiving is able to provide up to 75 groups in London with the chance to develop their online fundraising capabilities, as well as providing each of these 75 groups with up to £300 in matched funds for donations received online.
The programme aims to help groups to diversify and grow the income they receive, making them more resilient and sustainable in a time of increased stresses and strains for the third sector.
Our London Development Programme is being managed by Conor Kelly, who has worked on a variety of political and charitable fundraising projects in New York and Ireland, and who is keen to help you to raise as much in donations through Localgiving as possible!
How it works
Charities who take part in the development programme will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Free membership for 12 months with Localgiving (usual cost £96);
- One-to-one support, training and mentoring in online fundraising;
- A named contact who can be reached Monday-Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm, to discuss all matters relating to online fundraising;
- £300 of match funding for donations received online;
- Automated Gift Aid, for registered and unregistered charities.
If this sounds like something your charity or community group could benefit from, please register your interest at join.localgiving.org/london today!
With groups now online and fundraising across London, the match funding programme has got off to a great start.
- We're helping Holborn Community Association in the heart of the city centre on their local projects.
- We're supporting Fences & Frontiers, a new group raising awareness and building solidarity on refugee and migration issues in London.
- We're also working with groups like Age Exchange in Blackheath and Friends of Floreat in Wandsworth.
All of these groups have already benefited from our Grow Your Tenner campaign and have more match-funding to come through the London Development Programme.
To find out more about how your group can join, contact Conor, our Training and Development Manager:
- 07734 389258
The London Development Programme has been generously funded by The Indigo Trust and a private philanthropist.
For a grassroots group like us, Localgiving provides an excellent opportunity to raise funds and reach new supporters. It was easy to register, the support was excellent and we had received our first donations within 24 hours of coming online