About the programme
Thanks to funding from the People’s Postcode Lottery's Local Trust, Localgiving is able to provide up to 75 environmental groups in the North West of England with the chance to develop their online fundraising capabilities, as well as providing each of these 75 groups with up to £500 in matched funds for donations received online. This support is available to groups where the environmental aspect may be secondary, for instance a befriending service running a gardening project.
The programme aims to help environmental groups to diversify and grow the income they receive, making them more resilient and sustainable in a time of increased stresses and strains for the third sector.
Our North West Development Programme is being managed by Joe Burns, who has 4 years of fundraising experience with local and national charities, and who is keen to help you to raise as much in donations through Localgiving as possible!
How it works
Charities who take part in the development programme will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Free membership for 12 months with Localgiving (usual cost £72);
- One-to-one support, training and mentoring in online fundraising;
- A named contact who can be reached Monday-Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm, to discuss all matters relating to online fundraising;
- £500 of match funding for donations received online;
- Automated Gift Aid, for registered and unregistered charities.
If this sounds like something your charity or community group could benefit from, please register your interest at join.localgiving.org/northwest today!
With groups now online and fundraising across all the five main counties of the North West, the match funding programme has been going from strength to strength.
- We're supporting Liverpool's oldest independent charity, The League of Welldoers, in developing their community garden.
- We're helping Roe Green Park in Worsley as they look to raise funds to develop the park and keep it open.
- We're also working with a YMCA day nursery in Ashton in Makerfield as they look to raise funds for a children's Growing Garden.
- Parrswood Woodcraft have recently raised enough to receive the full £500 of match funding available, helping them to meet their financial commitments for the year.
- Hack Back are hoping to raise lots by encouraging their supporters to fundraise by running a half marathon.
The average donation our North West programme members receive is worth £65, and each month we're matching more and more donations to be spent on environmental projects - so why not get involved and take part?
To get involved or for more information, please contact Joe Burns, our North West Development manager on:
- 07872 041989
The North West Development Programme has been generously funded through Postcode Local Trust which is a grant giving trust funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
Localgiving has helped us to develop the skills and capacity to raise funds online. The matched funds will help us to continue to fund our work, as well as giving people another reason to donate! This will help us to achieve sustainability as a charity, make our communities stronger, and our city a happier and healthier place to live.