I'm taking part in a 100km trek across the Sahara Desert in aid of Nugent Care.
Why am I doing this? well, I want to help fund raise and its an opportunity. This will definitely be an experience and it will definitely get me out of my comfort zone... no shower for a week! no luxuries/toilets/make up! I've no idea how I'll cope with all that!
This is truly a once in a lifetime experience for a brilliant cause. A couple if the delights I'll be faced with include:
- Walking next to camels across varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert.. wildlife? desert cats, sandfish? ...
- Trekking over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases... hopefully there will be water!
- Trekking between 12-30km per day, a total of 100km- I'll need shoes and covers for them, to stop the scorpions and snakes getting in!!
- Beautiful Moroccan cuisine.. looking forward to this,
- Extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures... the desert actually gets cold!
- Sleeping under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire... sounds fab!
The training will be fun- if you know me, I have continued walking since lockdown but I don't go the gym and my body is definitely not built for running so my first challenge is "Couch to 5k"- I'm starting that 2nd March- I'll provide proof along the way!
Please stay tuned for updates about my training and please help me reach my financial target if you can 😀
Good Luck Debbie :)
Good luck Debbie and enjoy
Me and the kids are left at home again!! Only jealous that I won't be there with you as this is an experience of a lifetime as well doing this for a great charity.
Debbie's fundraising page will be accepting donations for another 39 days.
Good luck from all of us at BCUK, you'll smash it Deb! 😃
Caring for, educating, and protecting those who are vulnerable and at risk.
Find out more about the charity
Debbie hasn't uploaded any photos yet.
Are you interested in fundraising?Setup a fundraising page now