Welcome to Greater Manchester Doulas CIC, a grassroots organisation run by, for, and with women.
Amy, Lori and Elle are full-spectrum doulas and friends, working together to support women and girls across the North West. We are continuously applying for funding to keep our services available to everyone, to break down the financial barrier to accessing the support that every woman deserves.Our beliefs
- Mental health is at least as important as physical health. We do not accept that supporting mental health is the cherry on top of maternity care or a ‘nice to have’.
- Good mental health is essential to get through the challenges of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, which is why our work revolves around building and protecting it.
- Every woman has innate bodily wisdom, and that it can be trusted completely.
- Birth is safest and most enjoyable when led by the woman’s own intuition.
- Every woman is the expert on her own body, baby, and situation, and that her autonomy over each is sovereign. Our values
- Appropriate support is vital for preventing and healing from perinatal mental health issues. Doulas can be a consistent part of your support network during pregnancy and after you have your baby.
- It is essential that women enter motherhood feeling safe, supported, connected, informed, strong, and confident – for themselves, for their families, and for the communities in which they live.
- Each doula in our organisation is different from one another, but we all provide the same level of support and are all working to the same end, with the same ethos.
- We listen, we care, and we do not judge.
- We each provide emotional, practical, and educational support, in a variety of ways.Our visionOur vision is a world where all women and girls live in power and full health, free from violence and oppression.Our mission
is to support women to realise their innate power and wisdom by:
- Defending women’s human rights
- Providing holistic support and accessible education
- Building sisterhood between women
We offer a variety of support to meet the needs of our local area. Our services include free-to-join community groups
, single 1:1 sessions
, longer-term, 1:1 support over the course of months, birth support
, trauma recovery
, loss support
, abortion support
and a holistic birth pool hire scheme
. In all that we do, we always bring the same emotional, practical, and educational, non-judgemental support.
On top of our direct work, we are constantly sourcing and securing funding so that we can offer some of our services for free or low cost for women whose financial situation would be a barrier to receiving the support she needs. However, applying for funding is a full-time job and successful applications aren't guaranteed - this is why we ask for donations, to keep our CIC going in-between receiving grants and to keep our services accessible at all times.
All donations will go straight back into supporting women in Greater Manchester and help to stretch our funding as far as it can go, whether that goes towards continuing to run community groups or being able to offer antenatal, postnatal and birth support to women who can't afford to pay for it - your donations are incredibly important to us and very much appreciated!