Our 2021 online Festival runs from 18-28 March, with bestselling authors such as Alexander McCall Smith, discussions, creative writing workshops, performance poetry, wellbeing and more. Download your brochure HERE
.“One of the most vibrant festivals I’ve had the pleasure to speak at, driven by a true passion for words of every description. I’d come back in a heartbeat.”
Susie Dent, ‘Countdown’ presenter and author
Huddersfield Literature Festival
is a community festival that aims to bring people together in the appreciation of words and writing. We don’t just put well-known authors on the stage. We also:
- Showcase local and emerging authors and poets, giving them a platform to promote their work
- Run free events for children including our annual Stafflex Free Family Day at North Huddersfield Trust School with storytelling, films and fun activities
- Take authors into schools to inspire the writers of the future
- Support the LGBTQ+ community through our annual ‘Polari Up North’ event
- Work closely with Huddersfield Town Football Club to stage pre-match events that engage their family supporters
- Host Autism-friendly events such as film showings for children and performance poetry for adults
- Commission projects that recognise and promote the importance of words and writing for our mental health and wellbeing. Our patrons are Sir Patrick Stewart OBE and Lemn Sissay MBE.
Volunteers to help with event planning in meetings leading up to the Festival.
Volunteers to steward at events with opportunities for moving on to Event Manager level. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org