The Bishop of Guildford’s Communities Fund exists to reach out to disadvantaged and vulnerable
The Fund gives grants to a range of community projects including those which:
Transforming Church, Transforming Lives
- Support people with disabilities and mental ill-health
- Provide facilities and services for older citizens, children and young people
- Support families and disadvantaged communities
- Provide practical help for the financially challenged
- Offer training and skills programmesGrants are offered to projects initiated by Church of England churches (and those in active partnership with them) to assist them to fulfil Goal 6 of our diocesan vision,
:Together to increase the range, professionalism and spiritual fruitfulness of our partnerships with the local community, to help create a stronger, fairer and more sustainable society.
The Diocese of Guildford covers most of Surrey and parts of North East Hampshire and is generally regarded as an affluent part of the country. Across our communities, however, there are areas of real deprivation, made all the more challenging by the relative wealth of those who live nearby.
Many of our churches are already engaged in a range of community-based projects reaching into those areas and inspired by Jesus’ own commitment to the least, the last and the lost. The Bishop of Guildford’s Communities Fund (BGCF) is there to give them a helping hand, both with start-up grants and ongoing support.
For more information about the Fund visit www.bgcf.org.uk or email email@example.com. IF YOU WISH TO GIVE TO BISHOP ANDREW'S LENT APPEAL 2024 PLEASE CLICK THE
APPEAL BUTTON AT TOP RIGHT AND GO TO THE THE LENT APPEAL 2024 PAGE