I'll be running Brighton half (23rd Feb) to raise money for Survivors Network.
For anyone not familiar, they're an amazing Brighton based charity who support survivors of sexual abuse and violence. They offer counselling, support with engaging with the police, drop-in groups, a helpline, workshops, groups and training and help survivors transform their lives.
As a small charity, every single penny makes a difference. Here are some of the costs associated with delivering some of the services at Survivors' Network.
- £5 will provide a bus ticket for a volunteer who gives up her time to support other women
- £15 will provide refreshments for one drop in group for women who have experienced sexual violence
- £200 will provide a course of safety and stabilisation sessions to enable a women to start her recovery journey
- £1300 will fund a course of long term, trauma informed counselling for one woman
- £12,500 will fund one counsellor for a year.They're an incredible charity and the work they do is so important, so if you can spare a couple of pounds your donation is much appreciated.
Thanks for reading,
Congrats Cesca! Great run in horrible conditions! Sponsoring ya £1 per mile :-)
Survivors' Network supports anyone who has experienced sexual violence at any point in their life
Find out more about the charity
About Brighton Half Marathon
The Brighton Half Marathon is an annual half marathon road running race. The race is run primarily along Brighton seafront and passes through famous landmarks such as the Royal Pavilion, Brighton Pier, West Pier and Brighton Marina.
Francesca hasn't uploaded any photos yet.
Are you interested in fundraising?Setup a fundraising page now