In March I will be running the Cambridge Half Marathon to raise money for the local charity The Kite Trust to support LGBT young people in Cambridge. Please, help us to reach the £250 goal!
I am a BodyBuilder / Powerlifter but I decided to challenge myself and participate in the Marathon on the 8 March to help LGBT+ young in Cambridge. Please, do take one minute of your time to donate to this cause!
About the Kite Trust:
- The Kite Trust was set up in 1993 to support lesbian and gay young people in Cambridge.
- Over twenty-five years later, we’re going strong and support hundreds of LGBT+ young people across Cambridgeshire every year.
- We run over 150 groups for LGBT+ young people and their carers every year
- We support over 100 young people through our one-to-one services every year
- We deliver training to over 2,000 school pupils and local professionals every year Did you know?
About the Cambridge LGBT+ scene:
- Cambridgeshire has one of the highest LGBT+ populations in the UK (along with London and Brighton).
- Cambridge’s young people have poorer mental health than young people in other parts of the UK*
- LGBT+ young people are much more likely to be bullied. 50% of LGBT+ young people have experienced bullying and discrimination of some kind. (Stonewall School Report, 2017).
- LBGT+ young people are more likely even become homeless. 25% of homeless young people are LGBT+. (Albert Kennedy Trust ‘LGBT Youth Homelessness’, 2017).
- LGBT+ hate crime has increased in the UK in recent years. Two in five trans people have experienced a hate crime or incident because of their gender identity in the last 12 months. (‘Hate Crime in Britain’, Stonewall report on YouGov findings, 2017)
I'm glad someone was finally able get you to do cardio 😘
Oh look, just enough to hit the target 😜
Great cause! Good luck Alex! x
Gender and sexuality. Supporting young people.
Find out more about the charity
Since the inaugural event in 2012, the Saucony Cambridge Half Marathon has established itself as one of the UK’s biggest and most beautiful half marathons.
Are you interested in fundraising?Setup a fundraising page now